The News In Shorts

How the news would look if everyone stopped waffling and told the truth.

Monday 16 January 2012

Sharks Begin To Circle The NHS.


With the Tories pulling out all the stops and willing to play any dirty trick in order to privatise the NHS, the sharks who want a piece of the action are already sniffing blood in the water. Chief amongst those sharks is none other than Cherie Blair who is busy setting up a nice new shiny partnership with another barracuda, American Gail Lese, a former fund manager and sometime Republican party political candidate. We asked these two carnivores for a comment. First up was Cherie Blair; "As former First Lady of Britain and as an adherent to New Labour ideals I feel it is my duty to glum as much money out of this as I can. I have the deepest sympathy with those who will soon be unable to access NHS care, but that sympathy doesn't extend to passing up the chance to make lots and lots of lovely cash. Coming from a working class background myself and having experienced deprevation, I feel its my duty to make sure that everyone else in the country should suffer more than I did." Ms. Lese commented next; "As a Republican and having no sympathy with poor people at all I actually don't give a damn. So the poor in Britain will soon have no access to healthcare? What's that to me? I'm not British and have no scruples in making money out of other people's misfortune. This is the best opportunity for corporate raiding I've seen in my liftime and I for one am cashing in while I can. Believe me I've got lots of friends in the US who can't wait to take advantage of what's likely to be the biggest sale of national assets since Brazil sold the rain forest."

No comments:

Post a Comment