The News In Shorts

How the news would look if everyone stopped waffling and told the truth.

Tuesday 15 November 2011

An Unexpected Outbreak Of Democracy In Westminster.


In a completely unexpected development at Westminster today the House of Commons was shaken by a sudden outbreak of democracy. A Commons motion, inspired by an e-petition, for the government to scrap a planned increase in fuel duty was passed without even having to take a vote. Unfortunately the vote is not binding and it is left up to the government whether they act upon it. We asked David Cameron, pictured above, for his view; "Democracy! At Westminster! Ha, ha, that's a good one! No, seriously there's not chance of this getting through. How can we fund this and still allow our millionaire mates their tax dodging scams? We have to be realistic I'm afraid. We are all in this together - me and my mates garbbing all we can while the rest of you pay for it - what's fairer than that?" We asked George Osborne, not pictured here for tax reasons, for his comments; "Many people have suggested that scrapping the increase would be good for the economy, but, I ask you, what's the economy got to do with anything? Up or down, goog or bad, it makes no difference to me - I'm a millionaire for Christ's sake. At the end of the day it's little people who pay tax not big boys like me and I have to find enough money for more tax breaks for my rich mates so what do you think the answer's going to be?"

No comments:

Post a Comment