The News In Shorts

How the news would look if everyone stopped waffling and told the truth.

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Tory Eurosceptics Offered Blood Sacrifice.


In a desperate attempt to save his career David Cameron has offered a sacrifice to his rebellious anti-European bankbenchers - us. We asked the world's first part-time Prime Minister for his comments; "It all came to me in a flash as I was talking to that French bloke - Teacozy or whatever. Europe wants my cooperation and Tory Eurosceptics want my blood so why not combine both? If Johnnie Foreigner wants my cooperation what should I ask for in return - regaining control of our borders, a rebate on our contributions or more say over the Euro? No. What I'm going to ask for is an opt out from European employment law. That way Tory Eurosceptics get a concession from Europe and I offer workers blood to them instead of my own. Perfect! This is politics in its purest form - a compromise that saves my skin by selling voters, who don't count, down the river. Better yet the business community, the only people who really count, will see me as a hero."

No comments:

Post a Comment