The News In Shorts

How the news would look if everyone stopped waffling and told the truth.

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Liam Fox Blames The Media.

In his statement in Parliament today Liam Fox has defended himself for giving the "impression" that he was up to no good and blamed the media for a "vindictive" campaign to uncover the truth. "It's not fair," he told Parliament. "Just because I allowed my mate, Adam, to accompany me around the world and be privvy to meeting he had no business attending doesn't mean I did anything wrong. The fact that Adam worked for various right-wing foreign interests who were seeking to influence British policy doesn't make him a bad person. No money changed hands - well none that can be traced at any rate. But the people who are really to blame for my forced resignation are the media. Their conspiracy to get at the truth was nothing short of vindictive and is at total varience with their actual role of reporting how wonderful the Tory party is and informing the public about the evils of full employment. I should have listened to my advisors who told me I'd never get away with it but, to be honest, I'm not really in the habit of listening to anyone - unless they're offering some tax free money."

No comments:

Post a Comment