The News In Shorts

How the news would look if everyone stopped waffling and told the truth.

Thursday 22 September 2011

Cameron Assumes Tony Blair's Mantle at UN.

David Cameron has made a bid to assume Tony Blair's mantle as the most misguided Prime Minister of the 21st century. "I saw an opportunity," the part-time Prime Minister told our reporter, "and I took it. When Tony Blair set out his plans for liberal interventionism he did so knowing he had a sizable army, navy and air force behind him. I intend to go one better and follow exactly the same insane policy but without the benefit of armed force to back it up. Think of it as the political equivalent of walking a tightrope without a safety net. I have ordered the MOD to draw up plans for an immediate intervention in Syria using several divisions of rhetoric and a preliminary attack of ideology. Once this is accomplished I will then seek a UN mandate to seize the oil reserves in the Caucasus and follow this up with a reconquest of India and Pakistan together with a foray into the Suez Canal using the power of logical argument alone. As I've said before I intend to put the "Great" back into Britain and, despite the fact that Labour left the whole world economy in a mess, will do this while saving the country billions. I know this is an ambitious programme but it can succeed if the will is there. I intend to call this programme "The Triumph of the Will." Catchy isn't it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment